While building my online presence and working on small client projects over a three year period, I devised, tested and evaluated a wide variety of web-based marketing, branding and communication strategies and techniques, and discussed them on Online Social Networking.
In November 2010, I seized an opportunity that arose to join a major luxury goods company and test my strategies and techniques in a competitive real-world environment. The results were outstanding. Not only was enormous buzz created, the business was able to dramatically increase its authority and credibility within the trade and with the media.
I credit just five very simple ideas with our success:
- Building a core group of websites around which the company’s entire web presence was built.
- Fully aligning web content with the company’s mission and message.
- Creating a great quantity of top quality, expertly edited and search engine optimized content.
- Using plenty of images and videos to enhance our written content.
- Leveraging numerous online and offline sources, such as SEO, social networking sites, social bookmarking sites, email, print ads and word-of-mouth, to generate a flood of targeted traffic to the company’s web content.
Of course the details of implementation were far from trivial. They needed to be worked out along the way, and yours will too.
I shall elaborate on these five web strategies in future articles.
You may also leave me a comment.
|Did you enjoy this article? Subscribe to my RSS feed or by e-mail. Visit my About, Services, Media Buzz and Connect pages to learn about Building Your Audience and Brand on the Web. See also my Disclosure Policy regarding affiliations and compensation.|
|Sharing is Caring! Use the handy SHARE widget.|
Tags: content sharing, email marketing, Marketing Strategy, online presence, SEO, Social Media, Strategies, Web Marketing, Website Traffic, websites