Mastering social media one bite at a time the past few years was an effective strategy for me, as the needs of my small number of clients were modest enough.

That’s changing, as I’ve been engaged as social media and web strategist by the Gevril Group in Valley Cottage, NY, luxury watch distributor, a forward-thinking business with ambitious marketing goals.

A one-bite-at-a-time social media marketing approach for Gevril would be way too laid-back and totally unrealistic.

Gevril’s Social Media and Web Marketing Plan

Gevril Group Luxury WatchesI’ve crafted for Gevril a multi-faceted web marketing plan that matches the company’s far-reaching objectives.

All parts of my plan are to be managed and executed concurrently:

• Community and List Building - Developing a community and building a subscriber base are impacted by nearly all social media and web marketing functions.
  • Content Creation - The story of each Gevril Group brand needs to be told, and articles, newsletters and press releases need to be written, as well.
  • Web Sites - Ivo Jackson and I are designing GevrilGroup.com. The Gevril Group website will be the hub of the Gevril web presence and a key resource for contact list building.
  • Blogging - Blogs will be used to post fresh content, such as news and product information. We’ve launched several Gevril Group blogs: Watch Brands and Luxury Watches and Men’s Watches.
  • Search Engine Optimization - SEO and social media complement each other very nicely. About 50% of my blog’s traffic comes from searches. Whenever new content is created, SEO needs to be applied. The free Google Keyword Tool is my favorite SEO resource.
  • Email Marketing - We’ll email press releases, and news about products and events to our email marketing lists.
  • Facebook - I’ve set up a facebook.com/GevrilGroup on Facebook, a social networking site I’m quite comfortable with. I hope to build an active community of watch enthusiasts around Gevril’s Facebook page.
  • Twitter - I’ve set up @GevrilGroup on Twitter and will use Tweet Adder to manage the Gevril account and build a targeted following.
  • LinkedIn - While still working on a strategy for LinkedIn, I’ve already joined many relevant LinkedIn groups. I will next create a Gevril company page.
  • Social Bookmarking Sites - I’ve lately received a lot of quality blog traffic from Business Exchange, so I created a Business Exchange topic for the watch industry. I’ll also use Digg, StumbleUpon and other social bookmarking sites.
  • Niche Social Networks - Social networking sites and forums catering to watches or luxury will help Gevril connect with watch enthusiasts.
  • Group Buying - I’ve ruled out Groupon and similar sites as potential marketing channels, but very much like GroupGain, a new website with a new group buying concept that has yet to launch.

Gevril Men's 5101 Rose Gold Avenue of Americas Automatic Date WatchThe ultimate goal of Gevril’s marketing initiatives is to increase sales by enlisting vendors and by creating more consumer demand.

Therefore, every aspect of Gevril’s social media and web marketing plan must contribute directly or indirectly to an increase in Gevril’s sales.

Please visit and follow the Gevril Group on Facebook and Twitter. I hope to see you there. ;-)

Sharing is Caring! Use the handy SHARE widget.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Comments

It will look like this: Gevril Group Launches Social Media and Web Marketing Initiative

16 Responses to “Gevril Group Launches Social Media and Web Marketing Initiative”

1. Dave Van de Walle on November 28th, 2010 8:07 pm

Nice, Larry. Will be interesting to see how it all comes together.

And can’t wait to hear more about GroupGain.

Cheers,

Dave

2. Shari Weiss on November 28th, 2010 8:19 pm

Larry, this is insanely helpful of you to lay out your entire strategy for all to see. Of course, implementing it with diligence and creativity is what will set your program apart from those who try this program without the experience and thoughtfulness to carry it to a successful result.

3. Chuck Bartok on November 28th, 2010 8:58 pm

Kudos again Larry,
    I will be sharing this with our groups as an EXAMPLE of a prerequisite to Success..
    Write Down a Plan of Action.

Thanks again

4. Larry Brauner on November 28th, 2010 10:37 pm

I’m hoping that we’ll all learn from this exercise, and that in the process, Gevril Group will get exposure and inbound links.

5. Ernest O'Dell on November 29th, 2010 7:32 am

Larry, I will have to ditto Shari Weiss and Chuck Bartok’s comments and say that you have been a big help to me (whether you know it or not). Your sharing — openly — of your knowledge and expertise would be gladly paid for by many. Just this little gem of information today is priceless.

While I have implemented many of the same strategies for my business, there are some limitations to what I can do on certain sites. However, I am working with the site owners to have them effect some of the necessary changes.

Thank you again for posting this article. Indeed, it is truly informative!

Ernest O’Dell (a member of your FB group)

6. Leora Wenger on November 29th, 2010 12:12 pm

I’m going to copy Shari’s comment:
    “Larry, this is insanely helpful of you to lay out your entire strategy for all to see. ”
    Thank you! And as she says, it’s the diligence and the smarts that pulls it off, not the list itself.

7. Larry Brauner on November 29th, 2010 12:56 pm

It’s not exactly confidential information.

I hope to be able to fill in more details as they work them out.

8. Steve on November 29th, 2010 1:22 pm

The only thing I need to know, Larry, is how in the world you manage to do everything you do, and so well on top of it! :)

9. Larry Brauner on November 29th, 2010 2:43 pm

Look at it this way, Steve. You use social media and web marketing to promote your service. Social media and web marketing are my service. In other words, I spend all my working time on online marketing.

I also use mirrors, but let’s not go there. ;-)

10. John on December 1st, 2010 11:02 am

Larry - It looks as if you have a solid web marketing plan here. I’m familiar with all the strategies you’re using here except for group buying concept.

I haven’t heard too much about that and I would love to hear more about the GroupGain website when it finally launches. Maybe you can publish a post on that. That would be great.

This is definitely an ambitious plan, but very doable. Good luck and I wish you the best.

11. lerumda on December 1st, 2010 5:40 pm

12. Irina Netchaev on December 1st, 2010 10:44 pm

First of all congratulations!

Secondly, thank you for outlining and sharing your strategy. I literally went down the list and checked off the things I’m doing and know that I’m on the right track. Awesome!

13. Steve Barbarich on December 1st, 2010 10:50 pm

I can’t wait for Larry to post his strategies so everybody will learn from it. It will be of great help to us and we look forward to your posts everyday. I am always searching for new ideas on how to improve in these, but others as well.

14. Sara Sentor on December 3rd, 2010 9:55 am

I wrote a similar article a couple of days back on my blog. However, the problem I see is knowing what to do but failing in its implementation. Most bloggers have read about and know the importance of social media. The trouble begins when the strategy they use is not as effective as they had planned. Any tips?

15. Eric Edelman on December 26th, 2010 12:55 am

I recently started a blog about art and creativity to share philosophy and artistic tips with the world. Of course, I am marketing my own style of colorful digital collage made from vintage engravings as well.

You’ve pulled it all together so conveniently for us. I may have done most of what is listed, but I appreciate the thoroughness of the plan, and the chance to fill in items I may have overlooked. I’m now going to follow you on all three of your websites.

16. New Website Traffic Case Study, Watch Company, Weeks 1-13 | Online Social Networking on March 6th, 2011 8:52 pm

[…] wrote back in November that I was launching a website and building a web presence for a small business that makes luxury watches and that also handles […]