I have already written List Building Using Ning Social Networks and List Building Using Twitter. I will want to revisit Ning and Twitter in the future. However, in this article I discuss the use of Facebook for building your list.
As explained in List Building Paradigm Shift, list building in today’s social media world is the process of acquiring and nurturing a rich and heterogeneous following across diverse platforms which include Rolodex, autoresponders, social networking sites and RSS feeds.
If Facebook would enable you to have an unlimited number of friends, you could probably get along without fans and NetworkedBlogs followers. However, Facebook models itself after the real world and therefore limits you to 5,000 friends, presumably the exact size of CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s personal Rolodex.
Facebook does enable you to have any number of fans and followers. List building on Facebook consists of acquiring and nurturing friends, fans and NetworkedBlogs followers belonging to your target audience.
I covered a technique for targeting and connecting with friends on Facebook in Targeting and Connecting on the Top Business Networking Sites.
You find members of groups, fans of Facebook pages, and blog followers on NetworkedBlogs, all of which you consider relevant to your target audience, and you invite those members people — in a congenial manner, of course — to connect with you.
The more friends you have, the more your content is displayed to their visitors helping you get even more friends and followers.
These are a few of the many ways to acquire fans for your Facebook page:
- Place a Fan Box widget on your website or blog, so that your visitors can become fans with one click.
- Post a message on your website or blog requesting that your visitors become fans.
- Ask your Facebook friends to become fans. There is a “Suggest to Friends” link on your Facebook page.
- Place advertisements, but take care to adhere to the Facebook guidelines for advertising fan pages.
- Post outstanding content on your Facebook page that will spread virally on Facebook and attract new fans.
Acquiring NetworkedBlogs Followers
- I have a NetworkedBlogs widget on my blog’s sidebar.
- I ask people on my blog, Facebook and other social networking sites to follow me.
- I try to write useful articles so that friends of my Facebook friends and followers will start following me.
A Special Request
|Sharing is Caring!|