Read down to the end of the comments for the latest Hubze news!

Larry BraunerPeople often ask me to have a look at brand new social networking sites. I typically decline, as I prefer to invest my time checking out social sites that have already gained acceptance.

However, this week, when my blogging friend John from EZGreatLife.com sent me to Hubze, a social media site that might help me brand myself and tie together Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social networking sites, I decided to investigate.

Social Networking SitesAccounting for my motivation was an expectation that the aggregation of social websites will be a major focus of 2010, as enabling technologies like semantic web come to the forefront. Don’t we all wish it would be easier to organize and streamline our many social networking sites?

The landing page provided little information. It did however indicate that I could become a beta tester if I joined by noon my time on the 13th, and I joined. John had told me that there would be gifts for the beta testers, but I’d have signed up right away in any case.

Hubze, Pronounced Hub-Zee, Formerly Moneza

Last night I attended a webinar to learn some details. I’m far from an expert, but this is what I learned:

• Hubze (formerly Moneza) is the name of the website, and it’s free to join.
  • In my opinion Hubze and the Hubze Card are useful and timely ideas in their early stages of implementation, and I do not believe that Hubze is a scam.
  • Membership includes your Hubze Card (which resembles Card.ly but is substantially more powerful). Your Hubze online business card provides your contact information, links to your active social sites and displays your live update feed (pretty much like Friend Feed does). The Hubze Card also displays how many people you are tracking (following) and how many you are tracked by (followed by), an indication of your social influence and clout.
  • The Hubze Card is viral, as viewers are encouraged to get their own. When they do, they become part of your growing network, which expands outward from you at its center. This helps to grow your brand virally, but exactly how that works, I don’t yet understand.
  • There will be a back office from which you’ll manage your Hubze Card and from which you’ll post updates to all your social sites at once (much as if you were using Friend Feed or ping.fm).

This is the Hubze Registration Page. Please join me at Hubze and we’ll build our networks there. Watch for the next Hubze webinar which will provide us with more details.

Coming in on the ground floor (as I did with both Twitter and Ning) will facilitate your community building process. :)

Read the comments below and leave one of your own if you like.

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

It will look like this: Hubze is a New Business Site for Personal Branding and Social Media Aggregation

42 Responses to “Hubze is a New Business Site for Personal Branding and Social Media Aggregation”

1. John@Family, Fitness and Finances on March 11th, 2010 12:18 am

I think you have done a great job summarizing what we know about Moneza, so far. I was on the call last night, as well. I am excited to see how this story progresses. I think it has a lot of potential.

Hats off to you in regards to all the referrals! BTW, thanks for the shout out! :)

2. Chuck Lasker on March 11th, 2010 12:31 am

Awesome. Your summary helped, but your enthusiasm sold me. Where you go, I go, my friend!

3. Jack Goldenberg on March 11th, 2010 12:43 am

Well, it’s a total lack of faith but I signed up for Moneza with only your recommendation as a guide.

Really, other than what I read in your blog, there appears to be no other information out on Moneza. Not on the landing page where you sign up. Not on Google. Not even under my couch where I can usually find lots of things.

It may turn out to be a great adventure. Or a turn in the road that leads to a DEAD END. But there appears to be no risk in coming along for the ride, so I’m IN.

Jack Goldenberg

4. Larry Brauner on March 11th, 2010 1:45 am

John, Chuck and Jack,

Consider this blog post the unofficial “official information.”

And yes, it’s really a no-risk situation, at least from an out-of-pocket expense perspective.

5. Cheryl H on March 11th, 2010 10:05 am

Well it definitely sounds like it has potential and you haven’t steered me wrong so far so I’m in to give this a whirl!

6. Rabbi Ginzberg on March 11th, 2010 10:23 am

Joined based on your say so, Larry.

Thank You for the tip!

7. Online Dating on March 11th, 2010 12:07 pm

8. Sue Reddel on March 11th, 2010 12:49 pm

Thanks Larry. I’m with Jack - there’s no downside at this point, so what the heck it may turn into something worthwhile.

9. Steve on March 11th, 2010 5:56 pm

I’m in, Larry, just as I have been in many other enterprises. But it’s worth a shot :) If Larry says so, I’m there!

10. Jimi Jones on March 11th, 2010 10:31 pm

Hello Larry,

I don’t know a thing about Moneza; just happened by from one of my Google Alerts. This does sound quite interesting however.

11. Larry Brauner on March 12th, 2010 12:49 am

I sent an e-mail to Mike Healy at Moneza who wrote back saying:

“We are very interested in input. In the next few weeks we will be changing a few things to make sure everything is ready for the testers. [We] should have a working model within two weeks.”

I suggest you start building you networks now, as a few of you have.

12. mutual fund guide on March 12th, 2010 6:23 am

Hhhmm..that’s the first time I’ve heard of it. I use Facebook and Twitter for my business and it’s doing great so far. I checked it out and you’re right, the landing page does provide very little information. I’ll do some further research first before I join.

13. Larry Brauner on March 12th, 2010 10:30 am

I’m amazed Arthur at how fast this is spreading. Do you research, so that you can sign up and start building your network.

14. Laura Reeves on March 12th, 2010 11:32 am

Thanks for the invite Larry to read your blog about Moneza. I have been a “member” of Moneza for a week today, and well my “monezasphere” is over 600, a very healthy group of beta testers LOL.

Here are notes that I took on the webinar that may help everyone, plus our social site has a group dedicated just to Moneza if anyone would like to join so we can all keep tabs on Moneza together.

Anyhow here’s the updates:

The MeCard will be out “a workable” model within two weeks.

This card will be able to be placed on blogs, websites etc. It is a card to personalize to your liking and the card is always “Live” which means whatever you tell it to do (I will get to that in a minute) it will do instantaneously.

It is a Virtual Business Card

Will build up your Google analytics

There is a SOCIAL tab - in the back office you will pick all the sites you want to show here that you belong to. You can make one post and be able to post to all the services at one time - Instant Publication (For us bloggers this is huge, it’s like what you can do with Twitter and Facebook now with the blogs only more sites now)

You will be able to respond back to these sites within the system.

Personally Branded Traffic is the end result.

There is a COMMUNICATE tab - Skype, etc. here for people to instantly gain access to you

Location - Will show where you are (LIVE) (ladies you may want to rethink that) but a great tool if you are having a live event somewhere you can update this immediately - like you are a guest speaker etc. and the location can then be added there.

Track - Trackers/Tracking - this will show you how many you are tracking within the “monezasphere” and how many are tracking you…stalking? We shall see LOL

Live Feeds - All our posts in one place and showing on the MeCard

Contact - Of course your contact info.

This card is a free card and always will be. As it grows so does your network.

Phase 1 = MeCards - only those inside and signed up between now and Saturday will be considered the beta testers and we will get educated first and fast - they want us to put the hurt on the system, testing and playing etc.

Phase 2 Beginning April mentioned a Shopping cart to be added if you want to have people buy stuff…talked about apps for the iPhone.

You will be “searchable” meaning based on the words within your own moneza you can target keywords to yourself (network searchable)

Most of all, they will be supplying training on social networking, social media etc. all the things we are already into.

Hope that helps everyone! Best of luck with it!

15. Donna Piyak on March 12th, 2010 12:19 pm

It is interesting; I will be back to read what you think of Moneza after the Beta test.

16. Dana on March 12th, 2010 9:51 pm

Okay Larry, I’m in! Hope all is well! :)

17. Paris Tompkins on March 13th, 2010 2:57 pm

Thanks, Larry, for the information and invite. You stay on top of things and help all of us to add value to our work. You are much appreciated. Paris

18. Rabbi Ginzberg on March 13th, 2010 8:07 pm

They have changed the name of the service- just got an email.

19. Larry Brauner on March 13th, 2010 9:17 pm

Yes Issamar. I updated the post. The concept of hubs is very important in social media. My hub is my blog, but I realize that many people want to build a web presence but don’t yet have a hub or home base.

There’s nothing quite like a blog, and if you don’t have one, think very seriously about starting one.

If you do have a blog, feed it good content and work on building your community.

I’m pleased that many people have decided to join me, and that some have already begun to build their own network.

20. Larry Brauner on March 14th, 2010 3:43 pm

The beta tester sign-up has ended, but you can still join and start building your community.

21. Larry Brauner on March 15th, 2010 9:29 am

Just found out that there will a live Hubze webinar later that will explain everything we need to know about Hubze for now.

22. Tom on March 16th, 2010 12:38 am

HUBZE has done a great job of confusing me. I could not listen to the call so their emails makes no sense. Just what I want - a social networking Business Card site that uses secret codes to attract customers.

I cannot log-in or look at anything. I don’t know what their trying to sell or how they got my name. When I try to log-in they do not recognize the email address they are sending their SPAM junk to.

They do not want feedback and will fail before they’ve started.

23. Larry Brauner on March 16th, 2010 1:14 am

Tom,

You may have signed up for Moneza. The company recently changed names and want us to view their site as a social media hub: Hence the name Hubze.

I have been in touch with the company and know that they are looking for feedback. I sent you an email to offer to help you to connect with them.

I attended the Hubze webinar tonight, and it was excellent. They have very interesting plans.

We need to give them time to execute them, and we can expect hiccups and speed bumps along the way.

Like Twitter and Facebook, Hubze will be free. There will be premium offers down the road. LinkedIn and Ryze have premium services too, while basic networking on those sites remains free.

24. Paul Hines on March 16th, 2010 2:46 am

Hey Larry, I missed the call so I appreciate the post. I think given the chance, that this could turn into something. It seems that this is the perfect product at the perfect time. People are confused and are all over the place spending countless hours trying to tie everything into one. Well, here it is.

25. Blog Link « Paul Hines Marketing Vault on March 16th, 2010 2:48 am

[…] March 16, 2010 by paul099 Hubze is a New Business Site for Personal Branding and Social Media Aggregation […]

26. sem_wiz_kid on March 16th, 2010 4:39 am

Kudos to you…a great way of spreading link luv :D

Any ways..on a rather serious note I don’t like social networking sites anymore…because i feel that there is nothing social about them any more…merely a huge marketing ploy…

27. Larry Brauner on March 16th, 2010 12:57 pm

@Paul Thank you for your friendship and support.

@sem_wiz_kid Perhaps you need to hangout online with a different crowd.

28. Peter Bambridge on March 18th, 2010 6:33 pm

I am interested, and signed up at the beta sign up page.

Distinct lack of info available so this thread helps.

I am prepared to see where it leads, so I am in too. I look forward to reviewing progress. The concept sounds great.

29. Amanda Robins on March 19th, 2010 10:34 am

I’ve joined. What’s too lose? It looks like a great idea and I’m promoting it like crazy. Within the last hour I’ve welcomed 10 people to Hubze. It’s going to be huge.

30. Larry Brauner on March 20th, 2010 10:04 pm

I received this email yesterday from Hubze, and I’m posting it here in case you haven’t received it:

Hey Larry,

Well, we now have the blog fixed and running smooth. There are still a few issues we are working through on some of the sub pages, but all else should be fine. I would like to thank all of you for your comments and encourage you to go back and comment often because we can answer most of your questions right there on the blog.

The blog is also going to start containing all the latest training and information. It will sort of act as the corporate site until we get that done in the very near future. You can visit the blog, and there is a way for you to share the blog posts on Twitter.

If you would like to follow us on Twitter as well to get updates, please feel free to visit us at @hubze1.

We just started this twitter account, and will only be using it for special promotions etc. so make sure you follow us to get special information.

Just in case you have forgotten your referral URL, here is is again:
    >> hubze.com/signup/?referredBy=brauner

Make sure you are out there promoting it! We are getting MANY new members every day, and you will want to make sure your network is tied to you.

We are going to be scheduling a webinar on Monday where you will learn how you will be able to make some money with hubze. If you are at all interested in this, then make sure you watch for that email this weekend. We think you will be very satisfied with what we are going to do!

I have to tell you, we are VERY excited here at the hub with what you are doing. We see that you must be very excited as well, because the numbers are just amazing. We will reveal more of that on the webinar and calls for those who are interested, so again watch for that.

We are also going to be scheduling some live conference calls. We will let you know that very soon as well. We will be putting one call together that will be a private call for those who have referred 50 members or more. This will be a very cool call for you, so if you want to be part of it, make sure you share your URL and get your 50 referrals, which with what we are doing is proving to be pretty easy.

Remember, the Hubze Card will ALWAYS be free. You will be able to give one to whomever you wish. It is important to us that you understand that.

OK, have a great weekend Larry, and we will talk to you again this weekend with the call and webinar schedule!

The Hubze Squad

P.S. Here is your referral link one more time:
    >> hubze.com/signup/?referredBy=brauner

You can listen to the last Hubze webinar from the Hubze blog.

Having referred 109 people so far, I look forward to joining their special conference call and reporting back to you about it.

31. Anamika on March 22nd, 2010 11:07 am

I have registered for Hubze too and look forward to using it.

32. Peter on March 22nd, 2010 5:43 pm

There is a webinar tonight for Hubze at 10 p.m. EST. This is a great concept and highly needed.

33. Larry Brauner on March 22nd, 2010 5:55 pm

Hubze Training Webinar on the 22nd of March at 10 p.m. EST: Click to Register for the Hubze Webinar

34. Eydie on April 11th, 2010 12:21 am

Well, it might be cuz I’m blonde, but I can’t find the login link anywhere to begin using Hubze.

35. Larry Brauner on April 11th, 2010 12:25 am

It’s not blondness Eydie. They’re still testing the site.

36. Larry Brauner on April 13th, 2010 7:33 pm

Hubze has created a short presentation video.

37. Roscoe Jenkins on April 15th, 2010 3:06 am

Don’t you think that Hubze is a scam and all they wanted to do was create a large list as fast as possible to sell their products i.e: customize Facebook pages? It seems like all their doing is giving excuse after excuse on why the card isn’t ready. I’m not too sure about this. Anyone else feel this way?

38. Larry Brauner on April 15th, 2010 9:44 am

I must admit Roscoe that the idea has crossed my mind, but it’s still too early to tell.

It does however disturb me that they’re already monetizing their list before giving us anything.

The reason I doubt that Hubze is a scam is that real people have associated their names with it. In list building schemes, such isn’t typically done.

Once real people pull off a scam in this world of social media, their names and their business careers turn into mud.

39. Roscoe Jenkins on April 16th, 2010 12:35 am

Thanks for responding. Yes, I was also disturbed by them moving forward with their Facebook project without giving us a chance to monetize our own lists that we have built. (I have thousands.)

I know Mike Healy, but not David Foster. I joined based on my trust in Mike. Mike says he’s known David Foster for six years. I just hope that they deliver what they promised. According to the latest email. We should be getting the Hubze Card a week from this coming Monday.

40. Larry Brauner on April 16th, 2010 12:58 am

We’ll see, Roscoe. :)

I have a lot on my plate right now, so I haven’t been giving it a lot of attention.

If you like social media, I invite you to subscribe to this blog and to join my Facebook page.

41. Larry Brauner on April 29th, 2010 10:44 pm

Hubze finally came out with the Facebook version of the Hubze Card. :-)

I installed it in a tab on my Facebook page. What do you think?

42. Larry Brauner on May 11th, 2010 3:33 pm

Just received this email message about the Hubze Card from Hubze:

Hey Larry,

The moment you have been waiting for is FINALLY here! We will be launching the beta 1.0 version of the hubze card on Friday May 21st at 8:00 PM EST. Be sure to become a fan on our Facebook page to get even more updates and interact with us!

We are so excited! So start spreading the word!

In this release, you will be able to add your social networks and do basic admin things as well as see all of your referrals…then in later releases, we will be adding the social network interactivity…

So stay tuned as we tell you when and where the ONLINE release party will be…but start telling everyone you know that they better get their cards NOW because once this launches, they WILL come…and you want them to come with YOU and not someone else!

Have a great day, and stay tuned later today for a very special promotion from hubze and the Urban Cowgirl! This is something you DO NOT want to miss if you want to advertise on Facebook!

Talk to you soon!
    David Foster

Hopefully, this is the news that Hubze members have been waiting for. :-)