In the current post I provide a Twitter resource meta list to help you explore a wide range of business and social topics in substantial depth.
I expect to add to this meta list periodically, so do watch for my tweets @larrybrauner or check back here from time to time.
Mainstreaming of Twitter
This, our appetizer, addresses two important questions:
- Is Twitter a serious social media venue for mainstream users?
- Is Twitter useful for businesses, or is it just for fun?
I hope the following presentations will persuade you that Twitter is a viable business and social tool.
- Why Twitter Will Go Mainstream In 2009 - Dennis Goedegebuure from The Next Corner writes on TwiTip and makes some predictions about Twitter in 2009.
- Has Twitter (Finally) Tipped? - Geoffrey Ellis writing on his wife’s Sarah Lacy blog explains why he’s “convinced that Twitter has finally tipped and is about to explode”.
- How Social Media Won Obama the US Election - No matter what your political views, this excellent article by Australian Matt Granfield writing on MarketingMag.com.au underscores President Barack Obama’s stunning use of social media — including Twitter — to rally support for his successful 2008 bid for the top US office.
- Using Twitter to Build Your Business - In a short video clip @WarrenWhitlock asks @GaryVee why businesses should be using Twitter.
- Top Reasons for Using Twitter - Writing on Online Social Networking I list the likely reasons one would choose to use Twitter.
Twitter Ideas and Tips
This, the main course, looks at how to use Twitter effectively.
- TRAINING Twitter Power System - A very comprehensive set of videos, e-books, resources and tools. New users learn how to set up an account and all the basics they need to get going. Experienced users learn how to craft powerful tweets, how to create viral tweets — and everything in-between. Read my Twitter Power System Review.
- TRAINING Twitter Tutorials and More - Ongoing training and: “The fastest, easiest way to learn about all the latest Twitter applications and tools with quick, simple Flash videos”.
- Top 10 Things New People to Twitter Should Know
- Marc Warnke writing on MarcWarnke.com provides some very useful Twitter guidelines.
- 7 Tips for Expressing Yourself in 140 Characters or Less - Ivo Jackson writing on Be a Better Writer shares some of her Twitter writing secrets.
- Twitter Follow Back Basics - Samer Forzley writing on SamerForzley.com reveals his method to avoid spammers on Twitter.
- How to Lose Twitter Followers • How to Lose Twitter Followers: Part II - These articles appearing on Socialplasm.com help readers to avoid common “Twitter noob” pitfalls and to hold onto hard their earned Twitter followers.
- Twitter: How to Get Started Guide for Business People - C.G. Lynch writing for CIO has some excellent advice for business people.
- 50 Ideas on Using Twitter for Business - Chris Brogan writing on ChrisBrogan.com offers many valuable pointers to Twitter business users.
- 10 Tips to Be Effective at Marketing on Twitter - Salwa M from BlogRiffic writing on TwiTip shares tips to marketers who want to use Twitter.
- 7 Ways to Get Your Twitter Followers to Click Your Links - Eric Brantner writing on SEO Hosting teaches how to use links successfully on Twitter.
- List Building Using Twitter - Discusses the importance of list buiding and building a following on Twitter.
- List Building Paradigm Shift - There’s more to list building than using web forms to add leads to autoresponders. Writing on Online Social Networking I explain the concept of List Building 2.0.
- Online Social Networking Using Twitter - How to build a targeted list and network with people on Twitter.
- How to Integrate Social Media into Product Marketing - Hutch Carpenter writing on I’m Not Actually a Geek examines social media “from a professional perspective”. Twitter is one of the tools Hutch uses.
- Marketing a Niche Website on Twitter - Jonathan Thomas from WebinarCentral.net writes on TwiTip about niche marketing on Twitter.
Twitter Tools and Resources
Our meal wouldn’t be complete without delicious side dishes prepared to perfection by expert chefs.
- NEW! TweetAdder - Tweet Adder is a Twitter tool that enables you to manage and automate one or many Twitter accounts. Read Twitter Targeting Tweak.
- Let’s Follow Each Other - Social Networking Site for Twitter and Facebook Users -Make friends, blog your ideas and build your social network. Created by me, @larrybrauner.
- Most Popular Twitter Clients Revealed - Pete Cashmore CEO at Mashable lists the top clients (methods) people use to access Twitter.
- TWITTER TOOLBOX: 60+ Twitter Tool • Twittermania: 140+ More Twitter Tools • 8 Awesome Firefox Plugins for Twitter - Knew we could rely on Mashable to stock up our toolboxes.
- Even More Twitter Applications - Thanks you @airbongco for your very helpful Squidoo lens providing more Twitter applications plus some surprise bonuses.
- Twittering - Another great Squidoo lens, this one by @jpetals that simply has to be seen to be appreciated.
- What Do Your Twitter Followers Think? Conduct a Twtpoll and Find Out - Erick Schonfeld writing on TechCrunch shows how to poll users on Twitter.
- Twitter Me This: 25 Twitter Resources You Don’t Know, But Should Be Using - Another excellent resource list courtesy of The Freelance Squad.
- 5 Good Ways To Discover Twitter Applications - Robin Wauters writing on TechCrunch tell you how to find even more Twitter applications. If you think you might be spending too much time on Twitter, try exploring all the available Twitter apps and then let me if you perspective changes.
- 11 Best URL Shortening Services - Vote Your Favorite - Plenty of room here for personal preference. Brought to you by Lee Odden writing on Online Marketing Blog.
- Send A List Of Links As A Single URL With 1Link.In - This is a service you can use on Twitter, in your e-mail and in your web pages explained by Karl L. Gechlik writing on MakeUseOf.com.
My Interview on Blog Talk Radio
I’m @larrybrauner on Twitter looking forward to your tweets.
|Did you enjoy this article? Subscribe to my RSS feed or by e-mail. Also, visit my About, Services, Media Buzz and Connect pages to learn about Building Your Audience and Brand on the Web.|
|Sharing is Caring!|